If you’re wondering how to keep kids entertained at a wedding venue, then this article is just for you…
Whilst the parents are sipping cocktails and nibbling canapés the little ones are becoming bored and that can lead to all sorts of trouble….however, panic not! With a little preparation and forward thinking, you can keep kids entertained at a wedding venue. And you will discover that the youngest of the generations can make a wedding so much more fun.
How to keep kids entertained at the table
Sitting for long periods can make even the most patient of little ones fidget, especially through the speeches. For busy hands and short attention spans we recommend:
- Lego: Individual boxes of lego will keep little fingers occupied for quite some time.
- Colouring books, puzzle books, stickers and crayons.
- Playing cards such as snap.
- A balloon modelling kit is great fun.
- Marriage themed activity place mat.
- Pocket sized Etch-A-Sketch or a Mini Quad Connect.
- Goody bag containing some or all of the above mentioned items.
- Kids like to feel not just entertained, but also included. Why not provide biscuits and milk for the toasts during the speeches.
Outdoor Wedding Venue Children’s Entertainment
These ideas don’t necessarily have to be in the outdoor grounds of the wedding venue. Some of them could be set up inside.
- Put up a ‘Kids Only’ tent; show a movie and serve pizza
- Children’s entertainer – Or, if you’re thinking of hiring a magician for your reception, ask him to spend some time with the children.
- Life size board games such as Jenga and Connect 4.
- Croquet, ring Toss a coconut shy and other outdoor games can be great fun for all ages.
- Piñata – just make sure the bride gets first bash!
- Keep your kids entertained at a wedding venue with a bubble station that includes bubbles and glow sticks for after dark.
- They might be awake for the next 24 hours, but children do love a snack station loaded with sweets, savoury snacks, cakes and drinks
- A wedding venue that can provide large gardens to run around in is perfect.
- A bouncy castle – kids only please!
- Hire a Photo Booth, it will keep everyone entertained for hours.
- Dressing up box – themed to the marriage ceremony
- Hire a babysitter to oversee things and make sure everyone is playing nicely.
The answer to keeping your kids entertained at a wedding venue…
The advice from the team at Baddow Park House wedding venue in Essex is that inviting children to your wedding can be fun. The answer to keeping your kids entertained at a wedding venue, is to plan in advance. Make sure the children have plenty of space to let off steam and perhaps a quiet corner for those who need a nap. Happy, well fed, entertained children can bring an infectious dose of fun to a wedding. The chances are that guests without toddlers will actually love having them around.
What a magical wedding day we had at Baddow Park House, every single detail was perfect. From initial viewing to booking to pre-wedding preparation, you were all so helpful and supportive, nothing was too much trouble and no questions were left unanswered. The house is beautifully kept and the grounds exquisite, the atmosphere was lovely. Baddow Park is a truly beautiful place to get married.
Kirstie and Andy
We want to thank you sincerely for making our wedding day so special. Everyone thought the organisation was excellent and everything went so smoothly. Baddow Park is a beautiful place to hold an intimate wedding, the house and the gardens are just delightful. Everyone there said what a lovely venue it was. We had the most beautiful wedding and we are very grateful.
Mrs & Mrs B
From the moment we saw Baddow Park for the first time we knew this was exactly where we wanted to have our wedding reception. Combining beautiful grounds with the ability for us to personalise our day this was our perfect venue. We truly could not have asked for a better day and for all at Baddow Park House together with their suppliers who helped make the magic happen.
Nick & Lorna Bastian
Our pets are our best friends, so when planning a wedding, naturally you would want to include pets at your wedding celebrations....
With the new year approaching lets take look at the 15 top wedding day trends for 2020. What to look out for at exclusive wedding venues in 2020. 1. Aisle procession dances. Find...
The wedding trends are in, so what will you be wearing for your 2020 wedding? Get ready for feathery gowns and fairy tale frocks...